The Chicago Bar Association Chorus
Mission - The CBA Chorus Seeks to:
- Promote and enhance the public's understanding and image of
The Chicago Bar Association by sharing the musical excellence of its
- Perform 4-5 concerts a year and provide choral music for
- Attract new members to the CBA by offering opportunities for
civic involvement and artistic expression.
- Complement The Chicago Bar Association Symphony
- Promote civic service among CBA members.
- Provide an opportunity for CBA members to exchange ideas and
information through interaction in a social setting.
- Offer a valuable service to CBA members in response to a
Join the CBA Chorus for its 10th Anniversary
Join the CBA Chorus for a season of masterpieces rehearsed and performed
under outstanding professional conductors. The chorus has openings in
all sections. Rehearsals are held from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Wednesdays at
the CBA Building, 321 S. Plymouth Court.
No auditions are required. All our members have had previous choral
experience and all new members should have vocal experience, preferably
choral experience. There is a $75 annual membership fee and an
additional music fee of approximately $25. Dues for students are $30.
All members of the CBA are welcome to participate. If you are not
already a CBA member, call 312-554-2133 for a membership application or
The CBA Chorus’ 2015-2016 season will include:
- A Toast of Two Cities: A Musical Showcase performed by
The Chicago Bar Association Chorus and the New York City Bar Chorus -
November 7, 2015
The Chicago Bar Association Chorus joined by the New York City Bar
Chorus are performing a concert together for ONE NIGHT ONLY called
“A Toast to Two Cities” featuring America music in its many
forms, including folk, spiritual, musical theater, jazz and
gospel. The concert is Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. at
St. James Episcopal Cathedral, 65 E. Huron Street, Chicago.
Tickets are $12 in advance ($10 for students), $15 at the door.
The online ticket site is www.CBAchorusTOASTtoTWO.brownpapertickets.com.
- Brahms' Requiem - A Concert with the CBA Symphony
Orchestra - May 11, 2016
Purchase tickets on line here
For more information about the 2015-2016 season, see the CBA
Symphony and Chorus blog
Justice Stevens Thank You Letter
Carmina Burana Program Booklet June 2011
Article: Chorus in Springfield
Something Wonderful Program (April 2015)
Something Wonderful CBA Record Article