Lawyer Referral Service
to HIRE AN ATTORNEY? Click Here to visit our online Lawyer Referral
Are you a BAR ATTORNEY seeking the IN-COURT ASSIGNMENT
CALENDARS? Or a criminal defense attorney interested in the In-Court
Lawyer Referral Service Program? Click
Here for bar date assignment calendars and program
ATTORNEYS…REFER CLIENTS TO THE LAWYER REFERRAL
Does your client have a legal problem outside your area of expertise?
No problem. Simply refer them to the CBA’s Lawyer Referral Service
(LRS). Our attorneys have been screened and must meet specific practice
requirements. LRS attorneys are engaged in private practice and charge
regular rates (no pro bono referrals). You can refer clients with
confidence because the CBA LRS:
- Meets ABA standards for Lawyer Referral and Information
- Screens attorneys for experience and malpractice insurance
- Has attorneys located throughout Chicago and surrounding suburbs who
practice in 40+ areas of law and speak several different foreign
- Offers referrals by telephone (312-554-2001) and online at
ATTORNEYS…CONSIDER JOINING THE LAWYER REFERRAL
Build your client base! If you would like to receive referrals and
meet the requirements of the program, the CBA’s LRS can be a
source of potential clients at a relatively low cost. Annual dues range
from $75 - $300 for CBA members (rates are double for nonmembers).
You collect a $30 fee for the CBA from each person referred that has an
office consultation and pay 15% of fees collected on retained referred
General Panel Qualifications
- Handle general civil litigation (contract disputes, collections,
property damage, etc.)
- Admitted to practice for a minimum of one year and engaged in the
substantial private practice of general areas of law.
- Maintain an office outside your home with telephone access.
- Maintain an adequate office calendar/support system for tracking
- Have reasonable courtroom experience.
- Complete written application, maintain professional liability
insurance, obtain approval of screening panel.
- If approved, annual registration fee of $75 if in practice under 5
years; $100 if 5 years or more (rates are double for nonmembers).
Special Experience Panels
- In addition to General Panel qualifications above, must have at
least 5 years' concentrated experience in area of law applying for.
- Annual registration fee of $150 or $200 (depending on panel) for up
to 4 panels (rates are double for nonmembers).
Limited Scope Referral Panels
- The CBA also has three Limited Scope Referral Panels in addition to
the General and Special Experience Panels above. The three panels cover
the following areas of law: landlord-tenant, domestic relations, and
debt collection/consumer. Panelists must offer a wide variety of
“unbundled” legal services to join these panels, which
primarily target modest means clients.
- There is no annual registration fee to join these panels. Referrals
are made at the courthouse and not through the LRS telephone and online
Here for Applications to join the LRS!
Here for a list of Legal Categories/Panels to see the areas of law
for which attorneys can apply!
Additionally, the Lawyer Referral Service has an ARDC panel of
attorneys experienced in representing attorneys in disciplinary
proceedings before the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary
Commission. Attorneys needing a referral should call the Lawyer Referral
Service at (312) 554-2001 or the Director at (312) 554-2071.