In the day-to-day hustle of serving clients and meeting billable
hours, it's easy to forget about yourself...your career...your future.
CBA membership can help you expand your network of colleagues, develop
business contacts, strengthen your legal skills and enhance your resume.
The power of the CBA is its ability to harness the expertise and
experiences of its 22,000 members. Regardless of your practice setting,
the CBA can help you serve your clients and yourself through a
wide-range of membership services and benefits.
Develop Legal and Business Skills Through Continuing Legal
The CBA sponsors over 120 seminars a year that meet minimum
continuing legal education requirements in Illinois and many other
states. Topics address most practice areas, ethics/professionalism,
trial techniques, business skills and law office managment and
- Expert speakers and comprehensive written materials.
- Most seminars are also Webcast at www.chicagobar.org and West
LegalEdcenter and are available on DVD
(72-hr. rental from CBA Legal Bookstore).
- Free online MCLE credit tracker (members can track both CBA and
- Save with the CLEAdvantage
Plan. Members can attend an unlimited* number of seminars for a flat
rate of $150 per plan year - an affordable way to meet MCLE
requirements. Plan includes in-person, Webcast and DVD
formats. *Some restrictions apply.
Gain Networking, Speaking and Leadership Opportunities
Making new contacts and developing a network of business referrals
are critical to growing and maintaining a vital law practice. Through
participation in committees, you will:
- Learn from judges and legal experts.
- Develop important business and support networks.
- Comment on proposed court rules and pending legislation.
- Enhance your resume through speaking and leadership
- Choose from over 120 committees (see a list of upcoming committees
and meeting times).
- Never pay extra committee or section fees.
- Need IL MCLE Credit? Members receive free Illinois
MCLE credit for in-person or live Webcast attendance at
committee meetings that feature the discussion of a substantive legal
- Miss a meeting? Members can access archived Webcasts of committee
meetings (no MCLE credit available).
Young Lawyers Section
- How-to seminars
- Career development workshops
- Judicial roundtables
- Monthly networking and social events
- Practice development publications
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Obtain help with your job search and access career development tips
via our online Career Center
- Join our Careers Committee
- Attend job fairs, career workshops and networking events
- Access CBA resources 24/7 at www.chicagobar.org
- Free online practice area pointers
- Committee homepages and listservs
- Law practice management and technology series
- Monthly journal with how-to articles and regular columns on
technology, ethics and legal writing
- IICLE, ABA and other practice guides sold in CBA Legal
- Court Handbook and other young lawyer practice development
- Ethics opinions
And More! Solo/small firm services, insurance savings, member
discounts (AAA Motor Club and Insurance, Alliant Credit Union,
Avis/Budget, Business Online Payroll, Carr Workplace Solutions, CBA
Membership Rewards Visa, Club Quarters Hotels, ESQ Law Firm Websites,
Law Firm Credit Card Processing, LexisNexis, Magazine Subscriptions,
OfficeMax, RPost Registered Email, RxSavings Card, and UPS), and
Call 312-554-2133 for more information on member benefits.