Welcome to the Profession!
Congratulations on your admission to the practice of law in Illinois! Through your free* CBA membership, you will join a community of over 22,000 attorneys, judges and law students that make things happen in Chicago’s legal community.
Each year, the CBA offers hundreds of committee meetings, seminars, special events, pro bono/community service activities, and more. Use the buttons on the right to activate your free one year membership in the CBA, fulfill your new admittee MCLE requirements for free, and make the most of your membership.
Your ONE YEAR FREE CBA MEMBERSHIP will help you:
- Focus your job search
- Gain hands on experience for your resume
- Develop referral and support networks
- Obtain training and resources for starting your career or your own practice.
Your FREE NEW ADMITTEE CLE PLAN includes:
- 6 Hour Basic Skills Program (attend live in the fall or watch archived webcast)
- 9 hours of additional CLE of your choice (over 100 live programs per year plus 200 archived Webcasts covering ethics, law office management and most practice areas. DVD rentals also included).
The "Get Started/Get Involved" button provides answers to many of the questions you may have pertaining to your membership, including basics such as how to access members only Web content, obtain member discounts, and get billing questions answered. Click here for a full list of member benefits.
Welcome. We are glad you’re a member!
Questions? Email Membership Coordinator Becky Bentley or call (312) 554-2133.
*Free membership applies to those whose first admission state is Illinois and immedidately following the admission date.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
"I am continually impressed with the networking opportunities the CBA provides, the people I meet through the organization, and the immense set of resources available to members. When I have needed to learn more about a particular area of law that is new to my practice, the CBA is where I look to first."
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
CBA Member Since 2005