Hop the Train to
Springfield Memorial Day Weekend with the Young Lawyers
The Young Lawyers Section is set to explore Sprinfield, Illinois on
Monday, May 27 to Tuesday, May 28, 2013. The group will depart by train
from Chicago Union Station on Monday (or make your own arrangements
to drive/carpool) to explore Springfield, make new connections
and learn about Illinois' legislative process.
Attendees will be given access to "Making Sausage and Legislation
in Illinois: What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Illinois' Legislative
Process" to view on their own via Webcast. (1.75 IL MCLE).
Monday, May 27:
- 5:15-8:39 p.m. -- Depart Union Station and travel
via train to Springfield (info below).
- 9:00 p.m. -- Check into The President Lincoln
Hotel (info below) and in the bar/lounge for drinks.
Tuesday, May 28:
- 7:00-10:15 a.m. --Train to Springfield (for those
unable to depart on Monday).
- 7:30-8:00 a.m. -- Breakfast with the Sangamon Bar
Association at The President Lincoln Hotel (701 E. Adams
- 8:15-9:15 a.m. -- Comparative Analysis of
Litigation in Sangamon and Cook County CLE (1 IL MCLE).
Presented by Natacha McClain, YLS Chair, and Hon. April
Troemper, Associate Judge for the 7th Judicial Circuit
- 9:30-11:00 a.m. -- Tour of the Executive Mansion
(5th & Jackson).
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. -- Issues Facing the
Illinois Legislature CLE (1 IL MCLE).
Presented by Larry Suffredin, CBA lobbyist. Lunch included.
(Sangamon Club, 227 E Adams St.)
- 1:00-1:30 p.m. -- Tour of the Capitol
- 1:30-4:00 p.m. -- Meeting with legislature and view
the General Assembly.
- 4:56-8:40 p.m. -- Train back to Chicago.
The President Lincoln Hotel,
located at 701 E Adams St., has a group rate of $89.99 plus tax per
night. Reservations can be made by calling 217-544-8800. Please mention
"The Chicago Bar Association" to receive the group rate.
Amtrak travels to and from
Springfield daily. It suggested that attendees either take the 5:15 PM
on 5/27 or the 7:00 AM on 5/28 departing from Union Station. To make a
here. You will be travelling from Union Station (CHI) to
$20 per person (includes Monday reception and Tuesday
here to register.
Travel arrangements (hotel plus train/car) are responsibility of the
Questions? Email the Young