No other legal association puts you in touch with so many attorneys and judges who live and practice in the Chicago area. Whether you are looking for a new position, a new client or expert advice in a specific legal area, you'll find it through the CBA and Young Lawyers Section committee network. Committee participation is also a great way to gain leadership experience and hands on project involvement to enhance your resume. Join one of 130 legal specific committees today - no extra fee required.
Things to know:
- Committee meeting participation is free to CBA members and law student members - no extra section fees! Most committees meet monthly at the CBA at 12:15 p.m. Many also live Webcast their meeting.
- Committee meetings that discuss a substantive legal topic award free IL MCLE or PR-MCLE credit to attending members.
- Webcast meetings are archived for later on-demand viewing (please note, archived Webcasts do not award IL MCLE credit).
- Members may serve on 4 practice committees, 4 young lawyers committees and an unlimited number of service committees. Those interested in serving on special committees should submit a letter of interest stating their background c/o Awilda Reyes.
- Members may attend any committee meeting (you do not need to be a member of the committee).