Membership in The Chicago Bar Association offers law students the
opportunity to learn about the actual practice of law through committee
participation, seminars, publications, and volunteer projects. Important
networking opportunities are also available. So, whether you are
looking ahead to your first law firm job or opening your own practice,
the CBA is your gateway to Chicago’s legal community (membership runs June 1-May 31 of the following year).
Law Student Members Receive:
- Free or reduced admission to many CBA/YLS seminars
- Free committee participation
- Special law student programs
- CBA Record and other legal publications
- Career development programs, job fairs, and online career resources
- Monthly socials and networking events
- Pro bono opportunities
- Leadership experience
- Access to www.chicagobar.org
- Membership directory listing
- Savings on magazines, car rentals, insurance, and more
Join as a Law Student Member today!
-Law student membership is open to law students who are enrolled at ABA
accredited law schools or recent law school graduates who are preparing
to take the bar exam and/or are awaiting results of the bar exam.
-Law student membership does not apply to licensed attorneys returning to school.
-New lawyers/admittees whose first admission is Illinois receive an offer for a free one year
membership which applies to the year following their admission
-No refunds or pro-rated dues are issued on law student memberships.