Welcome to the Profession! Activate your free membership and continuing legal education plan now.
Fill out this form
to activate your free new lawyer membership now!
Congratulations on your admission to the practice of law in Illinois.
Through your free* CBA membership, you will join a community of
attorneys, judges and law students that make things happen in Chicago’s
As a new lawyer member you will receive:
- One year of free membership.
- Free continuing legal education to complete your first year new lawyer MCLE requirement (a 6 hour basic skills program and 9 hours of
additional CLE of your choice to be completed in the first year of your
admission to the bar. After completing your requirements you will have
continued access to over 100 in-person seminars as well as over 200
on-demand seminar videos.
You can also...
- Connect with local attorneys and jurists at networking and social events to develop your referral and support networks.
- Access our career services to help you on your job search, including complimentary career counseling sessions.
- Participate at no extra cost in practice area committees (such as business
law, criminal, real estate and more) to help you learn more about your
chosen area of practice.
- Gain experience for your resume through pro bono and volunteer opportunities.
- Get help with practice management and technology issues through
our LPMT Division, including access to solo/small firm start up tools.
- and more!
-Free membership applies to those whose first admission state is Illinois and immediately follows the admission date.