The Importance of Leadership
The Chicago Bar Association understands that in the legal profession, “The secret to success is good leadership, and good leadership is all about making the lives of your team members or workers better.” (Tony Dungy) The CBA developed the Leadership Institute to increase leadership skills among excellent lawyers and to enhance business development strategies which are essential in the ever more demanding practice of law.
Leaders are essential to a law firm; they make the workplace better, attract clients and guarantee good work product. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” (Margaret Mead) The Leadership Institute is directed at emerging leaders within Chicago's legal profession.
The Institute features dynamic presenters on business generation, the importance of networking, critical thinking and provides opportunities to interact with other leaders, similarly situated in the legal profession. Leadership is a sought after talent; a quality not everyone has, “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
About the Institute
The Leadership Institute uses a small cohort model and includes professional development sessions featuring dynamic faculty, interactive skill building exercises and networking opportunities. Participants who successfully complete the program will receive a graduation certificate. A complete list of meetings and topics for the 2019 program is listed below.
We are excited to announce the following confirmed faculty members for the 2019 program:
- Ann Chen, Senior Counsel, Social Media & Digital Assets, Abbott
- Regine Corrado, Managing Partner, Baker McKenzie
- Irina Dashevsky, Associate, Locke Lord
- Margaret Egan, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Steven Elrod, Partner, Holland & Knight
- William Farley, Associate, Holland & Knight
- Angel Gomez, Angel Gomez Consulting
- Ryan Holz, Partner, Locke Lord
- Colby Anne Kingsbury, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels
- Tasneem Khokha, Growth Play
- Olivia Luk Bedi, Partner, Neal Gerber & Eisenberg
- Michael Martinez, Managing Partner, K&L Gates
- John Mitchell, KM Advisors
- Judge Thomas R. Mulroy, Circuit Court of Cook County
- Tanvi Patel, Associate, Neal Gerber & Eisenberg
- Ross Silverman, Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Jessie Spressart, Growth Play
- Andrew Vail, Partner, Jenner & Block
- Diane Webster, Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Additional faculty to be confirmed
How to Apply
The 2019 CBA Leadership Institute class is currently full. Please check back in the fall of 2019 for an opportunity to apply to our 2020 program. Contact email@example.com for more information.