The Importance of Leadership
The Chicago Bar Association understands that in the legal profession, “The secret to success is good leadership, and good leadership is all about making the lives of your team members or workers better.” (Tony Dungy) The CBA developed the Leadership Institute to increase leadership skills among excellent lawyers and to enhance business development strategies which are essential in the ever more demanding practice of law.
Leaders are essential to a law firm; they make the workplace better, attract clients and guarantee good work product. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” (Margaret Mead) The Leadership Institute is directed at emerging leaders within Chicago's legal profession.
The Institute features dynamic presenters on business generation, the importance of networking, critical thinking and provides opportunities to interact with other leaders, similarly situated in the legal profession. Leadership is a sought after talent; a quality not everyone has, “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
About the Institute
The Leadership Institute uses a small cohort model and includes professional development sessions featuring dynamic faculty, interactive skill building exercises and networking opportunities. Participants who successfully complete the program will receive a graduation certificate. A complete list of meetings and topics for the 2019 program is listed below.
We are excited to announce the following confirmed faculty members for the 2019 program:
- Regine Corrado, Managing Partner, Baker McKenzie
- Angel Gomez, Angel Gomez Consulting
- Colby Anne Kingsbury, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels
- Tasneem Khokha, Growth Play
- Michael Martinez, Managing Partner, K&L Gates
- John Mitchell, KM Advisors
- Judge Thomas R. Mulroy, Circuit Court of Cook County
- Robert Shannon, Managing Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Ross Silverman, Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Jessie Spressart, Growth Play
- Andrew Vail, Partner, Jenner & Block
- Additional faculty to be confirmed
How to Apply
Please click here to download the 2019 program application - Apply by March 4.