Associate membership is open to paralegals, law firm administrators,
and other non-lawyer professionals whose business or employer provides a product or service that is directly related to the
legal profession. Associate membership
is only $80 per bar year (bar year runs June 1-May 31 of the following year).
Associate members can:
- Keep up with trends affecting the legal profession.
- Further your knowledge about practice and procedure in over 50 legal specialty areas.
- Attend technology training programs at the member price (just $25).
- Register for How To... training sessions for free or access via on demand video library.
- Network with lawyers and other legal professionals.
- Save on individual seminar costs (non-members pay double) or apply for our unlimited seminar plan for only $160 per year.
- Attend free noon-hour committee meetings and learn from legal experts
(attend either in-person or via live Webcast at www.chicagobar.org).
- Enjoy CBA social and sports outings with family and friends.
- Connect with other legal professionals via CBA Facebook, Twitter, Instragram and LinkedIn sites.
Become an Associate Member now!
- Associate members must be employed in a business that directly relates to the work of the legal profession and the organized bar and must provide business contact information.
- Associate members are required to complete a non-lawyer membership application. All applications are subject to review and approval by the Membership Department.
- Associate membership is not available to licensed attorneys and/or to former attorneys who are not authorized to practice law in Illinois due to disciplinary action.
- Associate members may not vote or hold a CBA office.
- Associate members are not eligible for hardship dues.
- Direct solicitation of CBA members is prohibited.
- The CBA’s Management reserves the right to revoke, without cause, non-lawyer associate membership.