The Chicago Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service has over 200
screened, qualified lawyers experienced in almost every area of law.
Meeting the American Bar Association's Standards for Lawyer Referral,
our service has among the highest experience requirements for its member lawyers in the entire nation.
We can refer you to lawyers experienced in over 40 areas of law, including the following:
- Domestic Relations (including divorce, custody, support and other family law matters);
- Personal Injury (including auto accidents, slip and falls, products liability, wrongful death, malpractice and other types of injury cases);
- Estate Planning (including will drafting, trusts, probate and will contests);
- Real Estate (including buying or selling real estate, foreclosure defense, and landlord-tenant issues);
- Employment Law (including wrongful termination, harassment and discrimination); and
- Numerous other areas of law.
Call us at (312) 554-2001
, or get a referral online
in Cook County or one of the surrounding counties right now.
For a referral outside of Illinois, please visit LRSconnect
Our friendly, knowledgeable staff of referral counselors can help you
find an experienced lawyer who is right for you. Our member lawyers
have on average over 20 years of experience and we are continually
evaluating our lawyers for customer satisfaction.
What Does It Cost?
If you meet with the lawyer we refer, the lawyer will collect $30 at the
initial consultation (which goes towards the operating costs of our
service). The lawyer may also charge a fee for their time/service, which
should be discussed directly with the lawyer prior to the meeting.
During or after your initial consultation, the lawyer will discuss the
legal fees required to handle your matter. There is no obligation on
your part or the lawyer to go beyond the first initial telephone contact
The Lawyer Referral Service is a non-profit public service of the Chicago Bar Association. Trusted since 1874.
The Lawyer Referral Service respects your privacy
Use of the Lawyer Referral Service implies compliance with the LRS Terms and Conditions
Are you low income and can’t pay for a lawyer?
If so, you may qualify for free legal services that could help you. Get more information